Wednesday 29 August 2012

Third Cast on a quivertip


I caught a catfish on Saturday 18th August using a quivertip using 6lb line and a size 16 hook. The fish was my third and as it turned out, my final cast of the day.
The fish emptied my spool of 100 mtr line all but for a few turns at the height of the fight, and after an arm wrenching fight that saw my Drennan 11ft Method Feeder rod all but bend round to the handle, the rod broke in 2 places on the top section of the rod when I had to force the issue to get it into the net.
Although I have caught larger catfish previously when being specifically targeted, my record being 209lb for a catfish caught in Spain a few years ago, (reported in Anglers Mail at the time,) I think this must rate as highly as Saturday's capture was made on such light tackle.

As the capture was made on my mum's birthday, I've named it Mary in her honour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

My Blog List